The Wingecarribee Shire Council Community Recycling Centre is a fantastic centre for residents to recycle many common items and is located at the Moss Vale Resource Recovery Centre.
CRCs are drop-off centres for common ‘household problem wastes’ such as paints, oils and batteries, that can’t be collected via council kerbside waste and recycling collection services.
New and enhanced Community Recycling Centres are being established across NSW. At these centres, NSW householders can drop off a range of problem wastes free of charge.
Located at the Resource Recovery Centre, 177 Berrima Road, Moss Vale.
The Wingecarribee CRC is open when the Resource Recovery Centre is open.
Residents can drop off a wide range of materials as well as problem household goods. This includes:
- Bread Tags(PDF, 138KB)
- Cardboard & Paper
- Fluoro Tubes & Globes
- Gas bottles & Fire Extinguishers
- General Recycling
- Household & Car Batteries
- Mobile Phones and accessories
- Motor Oils (limit 20L per day)
- Paint (maximum 20L container per day or containers equivalent to 20L’s)
- Paper/Cardboard (clean, dry and unwaxed)
- Polystyrene Packing Foam (clean, dry, limit 1m3 per visit)
- Printer Cartridges
- Oral Care(PDF, 1MB) (Toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, floss containers and electric toothbrush heads)
- Other Oils (limit 20L per day, containers <20L capacity)
- Scrap Metal / Steel
- Smoke Detectors & X-rays
- Soft Plastics CLEAR ONLY (e.g. bags, film, bubble wrap)
- Spray Cans (non– hazardous)
- TVs & Computers (conditions apply)
- Writing Equipment(PDF, 492KB) (Including pens, markers, highlighters, white-out etc)
Only household quantities of these materials will be accepted. As a guide, this is a maximum container of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the wastes listed above.
Handle and transport your items carefully. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leakages or breakages.
Small everyday household items can be a pain to recycle, but at Council will have made this easier for you.
You can now drop off the following items at the CRC for FREE!
- Oral care - including toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes and caps, electric toothbrush heads and floss containers
- Writing equipment - including pens, highlighters, markers and white out
We recommend households collect a box, bag or jar of these items at home and drop them off at the CRC when it is full.
This is a great way to reduce waste going to landfill and increase recycling within the Shire.
Problem Waste Drop-off Stations are for Wingecarribee Shire Council residents to safely dispose of household problem waste items that are not allowed in the Council provided kerbside bins, including the red, yellow and green bin. Problem Waste Drop-off stations offer a free and easy solution for the disposal of common household problem wastes
You can drop off:
These items if disposed of incorrectly can cause fires and be harmful to human health and the environment. It is important that these items are disposed of correctly, to reduce contamination, divert waste from landfill and protect the environment and human health.
You can find this Drop-Off Station at:
- Welcome Centre – outside the building under the veranda
Stay tuned for more locations to be added!
Where can I recycle items not accepted in the problem waste recycling stations?
Problem waste items can be dropped off at the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) at the Resource Recovery Centre.
For more information contact Council on 02 4868 0888.
CRC's are free for all NSW residents. To locate other CRC's across NSW, visit NSW EPA Recycling Centres.
This project is a NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Waste Less, Recycle More Initiative funded from the waste levy.
Visit www.epa.nsw.gov.au for more information.