Banner - driveway.jpg

If you are planning to modify or construct a vehicle crossing or kerb layback from your property boundary to the kerb/gutter or road, you will need to obtain Council approval prior to starting any works. To obtain this approval you must apply for a Section 138 Application via the NSW Planning Portal.

All vehicle crossings (driveways) that are to be built across public land must be designed and constructed in line with Council standards and specifications. An application process helps to ensure that all driveways meet with these requirements.

Applications for the construction or modification of a vehicle crossing can be submitted via the NSW Planning Portal to gain Consent for Works and Structures in or on a Public Road (Section 138).

See our current Fees and Charges for application fee. 

Civil Engineering Standard Drawings

   Example of a Work Site Plan(PDF, 81KB)

Frequently asked question

Some NSW Planning Portal users have reported issues inputting their address details when applying for Section 138 applications via the NSW Planning Portal. See below for how you can trouble shoot this issue and progress your application lodgement.

My property address is not appearing in the Planning Portal?

If you have entered your address in the search box and it is not appearing, select the tick box next to ‘Address did not display?’ and re-type your address then select next and it should appear.