Wingecarribee Shire Council’s social media pages provide information about Council initiatives, events, programs and news.
To report an issue, please contact our Customer Service team or use the Snap Send Solve app.
For urgent issues or potential hazards, please call 02 4868 0888 (24/7).
Destination Southern Highlands’s social media pages provide information about local events, initiatives, projects and news to stimulate the local economy and encourage visitation to our region.
Contact the Welcome Centre online or call 02 4871 2888.
What to expect from us
Council’s sites are generally monitored and maintained during business hours, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Destination Southern Highlands sites are similarly monitored and maintained during business hours, 7 days a week.
We will endeavour to reply to all queries as quickly as possible although sometimes there may be a delay if we seek advice from a staff member outside of our team.
Public comments are moderated. Our team may hide or remove comments if they are considered to breach privacy or the guidelines listed under What we expect from you.
We don’t participate in Facebook Groups or respond to any tagging within these groups.
If you have any concerns about content posted on our social media pages, please contact us:
What we expect from you
We support the Terms of Service and related policies of the social media platforms we participate in, and request that visitors to our page to do the same.
To ensure our page is friendly and welcoming for everyone we ask that you:
- respect our community and don’t harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to the site or Council employees and volunteers
- don’t post comments that are likely to offend others, including an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion, employment or disability
- don’t post information that may compromise the safety or security of our community or Council
- don’t use obscene or offensive language
- avoid multiple and repetitive posts
- don’t post commercially sensitive information or anything that breaches copyright or the privacy of others
- protect your personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home
- addresses in public comments.
Any posts or comments that violate these terms will be deleted and repeat offenders may be blocked.
Although we take care in producing the content for social media, it does not guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or current, and that the data is free from defects.
Any advertisement that may appear when viewing our page is not endorsed by Council, nor are we directly affiliated with the advertisement unless stated otherwise.
We do not endorse or take responsibility for content posted by third parties. This is also the case if we like or follow a page. Commenting may be turned off on content shared from third parties.
Connect with us on Social Media
Destination Southern Highlands