Council's Environment and Sustainability Branch provides a range of essential services to the Highlands Community including:
- Managing Environment Impact of Council Operations
- REF capacity building, implementation, monitoring and improvements
- Review of Environment Impact Assessments for State Significant Development and Preparation of Submissions
- eg. Hume Coal; Other Extractive Industries
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Environmental Policy Development, Review and Refinement
- including Biodiversity Offsets and Backyard Burning
- Contaminated Land Management
- Drinking Water (Reticulated) Quality Monitoring and Reporting
- Public Swimming Pool Water Quality Monitoring
- Environmental and Health Systems Team
The Branch also delivers and manages the wide range of additional Environment Levy Programs and Projects
and the Natural Resources Management Team.
Would you like to receive regular updates from Council's
Award Winning Environment & Sustainability Team?