Bike Repair Workshop (School Holidays)
When: Wednesday 17 April 2019
Time: 10am - 11.30am
Where: Resource Recovery Centre
Its the school holidays - Bring the kids, either bring your bike from home or use one here to learn the essential skills to keep your bike going. Hans from Bikes for Life will take you through simple repair steps to keep your bike in top condition.
Children under 12 must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
All participants must have a bike helmet with them on the day
Enclosed footwear essential
Maximum of 10 participants due to the hands on nature of the workshop.
to book for the school Holiday Bike Repair Workshop
International Composting Week Sunday May 5 - Saturday May 11
A range of activities are planning to celebrate composting, recycling your food and garden waste at home. A great way to reduce your waste to landfill.
Sunday 5 May - Four Seasons Community Garden - 182 Bowral Street, Bowral -Open Garden Day
Join us at the Bowral Community Garden between 10am and 12 noon. Visit the garden, meet the volunteers and see the results of the hot compost that was put together at a workshop earlier in the year.
Thursday 9 May - Moss Vale Community Garden Tour and Hot Composting demonstration - Railway Street Moss Vale
Join us at the Moss Vale Community Garden from 10.30am till 12 noon. See how they use compost on site and then check out the hot composting demonstration
Saturday 11 May - Composting systems explained workshop - Resource Recovery Centre - 177 Berrima Road Moss Vale 10am till 1pm.
At this workshop we will go through four different types of composting systems. Come along to see what would suit you best - the compost bin, worm farming, bokashi or the digester. Participants will have the option at the end of the session to choose a system (excluding the digester) to try out at home.
Bring a packed lunch to enjoy in the Education Garden - tea/coffee provided
Enclosed shoes required for all activities, and sensible garden clothes for community garden activities essential.
to book for Composting week activities and nominate the activity you are booking for in the subject line
Maximum of 25 participants for each activity. Children welcome with a supervising adult.
WEEKLY BIKE REPAIR WORKSHOPS
- FREE Bike Repair Workshops every Wednesday
- MAXIMUM Number of Participants 8-10
- Covered shoes and long sleeve shirts are required
- Please bring along a drink and snack on the day
How to Book
Click here to book. In the email include:
- Date to attend
- Number of participants - Max of 8-10 participants
- Contact phone number
- Phone: 02 4868 0507 to speak with the Waste Education and Policy Officer
For more information on the the bike workshops Click here
Past Workshops 2018
- 24/02/18 - Sorting Soft Plastics
- 20/03/18 - Sorting Soft Plastics
- 10/04/18 - Sorting Soft Plastics
- 9/05/18 - Composting Workshop at the Moss Vale Community Garden
- 30/05/18 - Bike Repair Workshop
- 05/06/18 - Sorting your waste and soft plastics
- 06/06/18 - Bike Repair Workshop
- 13/06/18 - Bike Repair Workshop
- 25/07/18 - Bike Repair Workshop
- 26/07/18 - Tyre Art with REVIVA
- 08/08/18 - Bike Repair Workshop
- 15/08/18 - Bike Repair Workshop
- 19/08/18 - Reducing Reliance on Plastic
- 08/09/18 - Worm Farming Techniques
- 20-21/10/18 - Garage Sale Trail
- 11/11/2018 - Reducing Reliance on Plastic
- 15/11/2018 - Recycling in the Garden -Moss Vale Community Garden
- 17/02/2019 - Composting Made Easy - Bowral Four Seasons Community Garden
- 09/03/2019 - Introduction to Modern Cloth Nappies