Wednesday 26th February 3:30pm - 7:30pm
Council Meeting - 26 February 2020
Sunday 1st March 8:00am - 6:00pm
Clean Up Australia Day
The following steps outline the process to obtain Council approval for the development of a Community Garden in the Wingecarribee Shire.
This sequence of steps is for guidance only, some steps may occur simultaneously.
1. Applicant to establish community garden working group and management structure.
2. Applicant to compile a list of preferred sites in a formal letter to Council for consideration.
NOTE: Due to changes in the Crown Lands Management Act, Council is unable to consider any proposal for the use of Crown Lands within Council’s care, control and management until further notice.
3. Applicant to meet with Council to discuss preferred community garden site.
4. Applicant to submit Development Application to Council for the proposed site.
5. Applicant to register as an Incorporated Association – Not-for-Profit.
6. Applicant to develop a work health and safety plan for the community garden group and submit to Council.
7. Applicant to obtain Public Liability Insurance and provide evidence of this to Council.
8. Council to provide a Lease Agreement to community garden coordinator for signing.
For further details on these steps please refer to:
Establishing a Community Garden (PDF, 300Kb)
Site Attributes for a Successful Community Garden include:
For Council technical support please contact:
Wingecarribee Shire Council
Phone: 02 4868 0888