We regularly monitor environmental conditions at our Resource Recovery Centre. See our regulatory documentation. These reports help us to meet our legal requirements under the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011.
You can visit the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) website to view public registers of environment protection measures and regulatory action.
NSW Waste and Sustainable Material Strategy 2041
The NSW Waste and Sustainable Material Strategy 2041 is a 20 year strategy, that provides information on how NSW will transition to a circular economy over the next 20 years.
The actions that will be taken over the next six years are outlined and include the below;
- Phasing out problematic single-use plastic items
- Financial incentives for manufacturers and producers to design out problematic plastics
- Focus on government agencies using recycled content
- Mandating the separation of food and garden organics for households and selected businesses
- Incentivising biogas generation from waste materials
The Strategy can be found here.
National Plastics Plan
The Australian Government has released it’s National Plastics Plan for 2021. This plan has five main objectives;
- Prevention - addressing plastics at the source
- Recycling - taking responsibility for our plastics
- Plastics - in our daily lives
- Plastics - in our oceans and waterways
- Research - innovation and data
For more information please view the National Plastics Plan 2021.
The National Waste Policy provides a national framework for waste and resource recovery in Australia, including the roles and responsibilities for collective action by businesses, governments, communities and individuals.