Wednesday 26th June 3:30pm - 8:00pm
Council Meeting 26 June
Saturday 6th July 10:30am - 12:00pm
Finding Food in the Forest Hosted by NPWS Discovery Rangers
2018 marked a century since the guns fell silent on the Western Front and ended the First World War after four continuous years of warfare.
As is tradition, Australians paused at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to honour and remember those who have fought for our country.
To commemorate this Remembrance Day, residents are visitors are invited to attend the following services on Sunday 11 November 2018:
• Berrima: Assemble at Berrima District Museum at 10.45 am for a service conducted by Berrima Public School.
Click Here to download the flyer.
• Bowral: Assemble at Bowral War Memorial Park on the corner Bong Bong and Merrigang Streets from 10.30 am for a service conducted by Bowral RSL Sub Branch.
• Bundanoon: Assemble at the Soldiers Memorial Hall at 10.45 am for a service conducted by the Bundanoon RSL Sub Branch.
The service will be followed by morning tea provided by tea Lions Club.
• Colo Vale: Service and dedication ceremony commences at Memorial at 10.30 am
• Exeter: Assemble 10.30 am at the Fire Station, with Light Horseman leading step off and service commencing at Memorial at 10.45 am.
• Hill Top: Flag raising ceremony commences at Memorial at 11 am
• Mittagong: Mittagong RSL Sub Branch is conducting a Remembrance Day Centenary Parade and service at the Mittagong Memorial on Old Hume Highway in Mittagong.
All veterans form up in front of St Stephens Church at 10.15 am for step off at 10.30 am.
Service commences at 10.35 am.
• Moss Vale: Assemble inside the Moss Vale Services Club on the corner of Argyle and Yarrawa Streets from 10.30 am.
• Robertson / Burrawang: Flag raising and wreath laying service commences at Robertson Memorial at 10.45 am
These are not Council run events. Contact your local RSL Sub Branch for more information.
If you would like your community event included on this list, please contact Council’s Communications Officer on phone 4868 0888.