Rates and Payments

online payments


This section provides information on methods of payment for:

  • Council rates
  • Water and sewerage charges
  • Sundry debtor
  • Tax invoices
  • Land re-categorisation
  • Infringement notices

As well as information on:

  • Payment arrangements
  • Financial hardship
  • Concessions
  • Exemptions               

Online payments

To provide you with a better customer experience, we are upgrading our online payment services.

We will be moving all online payments to the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s BPPOINT service.

You will notice that the online payment process looks a little different from Tuesday 14 March and you can expect it to be easier to make payments.

If you would like to ask us any questions about this change please call us on (02) 4868 0888.

Online payments can be made for:

  • Land rates
  • Water and sewerage accounts
  • Sundry debtors

Please do not send us credit card details via email as this is not secure.

Payments made using this facility attract a service fee of 0.78 per cent.


Direct debit

You can now have payments for your Council rates and water and sewerage accounts automatically paid from your nominated bank account.

To set up direct debit, please complete one or both of the below PDF forms and return them by email to mail@wsc.nsw.gov.au or in person at the Moss Vale Civic Centre.

Please ensure you read the terms and conditions set out in the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement which is also available below before submitting a request.

If you have any existing direct debit agreement with Council and need to change the nominated bank account your payments are paid from, please complete new PDF forms.

Please contact Council’s Revenue team on (02) 4868 0888 for further details.

Direct Debit Request Service Agreement(PDF, 222KB)

Direct Debit Request Form - Rates(PDF, 201KB)

Direct Debit Request Form - Water & Sewerage(PDF, 214KB) 

Other methods of payment

Credit card

Council accepts credit card payments online or by phone on 1300 138 795.

Please note that a service fee of 1 per cent applies to all credit card payments.


You can pay your rates directly from your account using BPAY. 

Please contact your financial institution to pay from your nominated account. 

BPAY details can be found on your current notice. 

Council only accepts debit card payments through BPAY.


Mail cheques to:

Wingecarribee Shire Council

PO Box 141

Moss Vale NSW 2577

Australia Post

Present your notice and payment at any Australia Post outlet.

Payment arrangements, financial hardship and concessions

Agreement to make regular payments

Council appreciates the fact that circumstances can prevent people paying rate instalments or water and sewerage charges by the due date.

For this reason we are prepared to accept regular payments, provided the account is settled within 12 months. Please complete the form below:

Home haemodialysis water rebate allowance

Council has approved an increase in the water rebate allowance provided to residents who are currently undergoing home haemodialysis treatment.

The annual allowance has been increased from 52 kl to 235 kl.

To apply for this water rebate allowance, residents are asked to provide written confirmation of the following:

  • That the patient is responsible for the water usage charges or is a family member of the property owner.
  • The estimated water usage required for treatment.
  • The name of the patient using the dialysis machine.
  • The date the patient commence residing at the property.
  • A letter of confirmation from the patients' doctor or dialysis unit.

This letter should be returned to Council via email, via post, or in person at the Civic Centre.

Application for exemption from rates

There are some parcels of land that are exempt from rates and charges. These include parcels of land within a national park and land that belongs to, for example, a religious body or school.

Unless you meet the exemption criteria outlined in the Local Government Act 1993 you cannot be exempt from paying rates.

Apply to change land categorisation for rating purposes

Re-categorisation of land (with the exception of farmland) for rating purposes only:

Categorisation of land as farmland for rating purposes only:

Pensioner concessions

Under state legislation some pensioners are eligible for mandatory concessions.

When applying for a pensioner concession please attach a photocopy of your current Pensioner Concession Card.

Hardship rate relief

This form is to be completed by property owners to apply for hardship rate relief:

Before making an application you should carefully read the conditions set out in the form.

If you need more information please contact Council on (02) 4868 0888.

Infringement notices

Payment of Infringement Notices are to be made through the Revenue NSW website.

Change of address notification

It is important to advise Council when you change your postal address for notification of rates and other notices.

A change of address notification can only be submitted by the registered property owner, or by an authorised person on behalf of the registered property owner provided such authorisation has been provided to Council in writing.