The Arts and Culture Strategic Plan for the Wingecarribee Shire, Southern Highlands Inspired!, represents the vision, aspirations, goals, priorities and challenges for our community in regard to arts and culture.
The Delivery Program details the shorter term actions, responsibilities, timeframes and resourcing to start delivering the Southern Highlands Inspired! goals and strategies.
The aim of Southern Highlands Inspired! in relation to arts and culture, is to:
- Outline a vision for the future
- Provide clearly expressed principles to guide decision making
- Describe realistic and sustainable goals
- Reflect and extend community aspirations
- Foster a love of and interest in arts and culture
- Establish the Southern Highlands as a place which supports great art and the strengthening of artistic and cultural practices
- Celebrate and use the existing assets of the region
- Enlist arts and culture to define the region
- Utilise arts and culture to engage community
- Develop a mechanism for including arts and cultural aspects into broader community decision-making