The Southern Highlands has plenty of stunning scenery and amazing locations for filming and photography.
If you are considering the area as a location, you will need to apply for permission before you film or hold a photo shoot on Council-owned land or outdoor spaces.
Applications must be made at least 10 working days before your shoot.
If your shoot is less than 10 days away, you will not be able to apply online. Call us on (02) 4868 0888 for advice.
Your application will need to include the following:
- A copy of your public liability insurance certificate of currency (minimum indemnity of $20 million), noting Wingecarribee Shire Council as an interested party.
- Risk Assessment for each location.
- Completed Section 138 application form and payment for any road closures or works within a road reserve. (See Fees & Charges).
- Location Map (including where temporary structures may be erected, if applicable).
- Location plan for vehicle unit base set up and proposed parking locations.
- Description of production vehicles and registration details.
- Story Board of production applicable to this application.
- If you are planning on using a drone for filming you must include a copy of your Casa licence with the application.
- Any other approvals that might be needed, such as from Transport for NSW if you wish to close state or regional roads, etc.
Application to Film On Council Controlled Land(PDF, 221KB)
Email the completed application form and all attachments to email@example.com
After you apply, we’ll get back to you with a decision and confirm any costs you might need to pay. If your application is approved, Wingecarribee Shire Council will issue a Filming Permit. Please always keep the Filming Permit on location, as proof of approval.
- Fees and Charges must be paid prior to approval. Current fees can be found on Council’s website.
- Applications must be lodged at least ten (10) business days prior to filming.
- The applicant is to produce a current Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency with a minimum indemnity of $20 million.
- The applicant agrees to indemnify and hold the Council harmless against and from any liability and loss, which the Council may suffer from any accidents or other damages to the property or bodily injury including death, caused by the negligence of any of its employees on or about the property.
- No trees, shrubs or other vegetation to be removed, lopped or damaged.
- The applicant accepting full responsibility and meeting the cost of restoring any damage to the land, fencing and other improvements resulting from the operations.
- All operations to be confined to the period between sunrise and sunset unless special permission is granted.
- Noise generating activities to be restricted to between 7.00am and 6.00pm.
- Use of firearms, explosives or the lighting of fires is prohibited.
- Residents in the vicinity of the filming to be advised by letterbox drop.
- The Applicant must make every reasonable effort to accommodate the requirements of the public, residents and business proprietors affected by the production. Production must not restrict access to private land. Vehicles to be restricted to defined parking areas and/or access roads.