If your cat or dog has gone missing a service request can be logged with Council and provide the following information:
- a description of the pet,
- where and when it was last seen
Note: If you are contacting us out of office hours, select the 'after hours' assistance option, or report using the Snap Send Solve app by clicking the link below.
Request a service
You can improve the possibility of your pet's safe return by ensuring your pet's microchip details are up to date. Contact Council to update details. Make sure you include an alternate contact.
Let us know if your pet returns home of it's own accord.
If the dog is injured:
- Take it to the nearest vet surgery.
- If you are unable to approach or contain a dog, contact Council. Never put yourself at risk if you are unsure of a dog as even small or seemingly friendly dogs may bite when frightened.
If the dog is not injured:
- Phone the number on the dog's tag (if it is wearing one), or
- If you cannot locate the owner you can take it to the Wingecarribee Animal Shelter or take to the nearest vet (during Business hours) where its microchip can be scanned and owners contacted to arrange collection.
- If you are unable to transport the dog, contact Council to arrange for the dog to be picked up (daily between 8.00 am-4.30 pm)
- If you are unable to approach or contain a dog, contact Council.
Never put yourself at risk if you are unsure of a dog as even small or seemingly friendly dogs may bite when frightened.
If you see a roaming dog and do not want to or are unable to approach the dog then call Council and report a roaming dog giving its current location and description.
Please leave a contact name and number for a Ranger to call if more information is needed.
Council is unable to pick up cats from homes as they are generally allowed to wander.
You may take a cat to a vet or the Wingecarribee Animal Shelter if it is causing a nuisance on your property. However, keep in mind that there are laws that determine when you are legally allowed to remove or seize a cat.
If you have found any other type of animal (e.g. bird, rabbit, etc.) please contact one of the following:
AWL NSW or
a local vets as they may be able to accept the animal to search for the owner or may re-home the animal after a certain period of time.