The operating hours of Bundanoon Swimming Centre will be extended during the day in school holidays and the facility will remain open when required for approved functions e.g. school swimming carnivals.
Swimming Centres will remain open until the advertised closing time, conditional that should the weather not be conducive to swimming, the Pool Supervisors may close the pools early.
On inclement days or where temperatures fall below 18 degrees, one of the Swimming Centres will be closed from 9 am. Signage at the pool entrance will provide details of any open pools.
If the forecast weather 48 hours prior to the date, predicts the temperature will be 32 degrees or greater at 6 pm, Bowral Swimming Centre will remain open until 7 pm subject to staff availability and that the pool is not already being utilised by Swim Club or casual booking
Please remember to check with your local centre for availability during school hours as our Centres are heavily used for school activities and carnivals. During February 2023, Bowral Swimming Centre will host swimming carnivals for local schools and the pool will be unavailable to the public during these times.
During elevated fire danger weather, pools may be closed in accordance with Council’s Closure of Public Facilities Due to Bushfire Risk Procedure. Information is available here.
2022 - 2023 Pool Brochure(PDF, 394KB)
2022 - 2023 Rules and Safety Brochure(PDF, 310KB)
2023 School Swimming Carnival Dates - Bowral Swimming Centre(PDF, 124KB)
The Moss Vale War Memorial Aquatic Centre is a year-round indoor Aquatic and Fitness Centre in Moss Vale available for community use.
For further information on the Moss Vale War Memorial Aquatic Centre, see Moss Vale War Memorial Aquatic Centre.
The Moss Vale War Memorial Aquatic Centre is managed by BlueFit on behalf of Wingecarribee Shire Council.
- Indoor 25 m swimming pool
- Kids splash pad with water toys
- Wide stairs with rail into 25 m pool
- Aqua wheel chair and sling available for use
- Health club including weight and cardio equipment, group fitness area and classes, and aqua classes
- Meeting room available for hire
- Swimming merchandise available for purchase
Bundanoon Swimming Club
Meet 6pm Wednesdays at Bundanoon Swimming Centre.
Southern Highlands Water Polo
For further information please visit Southern Highlands Water Polo.
Due to instructor shortages Learn to Swim classes will not be available during the 2022-2023 season. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The use of mermaid tails and mono fins are not permitted at any of Council's Swimming Centres.
Please find below the risks associated with these fins:
- Dramatically increases the risk of drowning, shallow water blackout and hypoxia.
- Binding the legs together reduces the ability to balance and support yourself.
- Restrict movement of the legs; preventing children from using a freestyle kick which is most commonly used – especially in situations of distress.
- Requires constant close 1 on 1 supervision which is cannot be sustained in busy aquatic centre.
- Reported cases of children becoming stuck upside down
2022-2023 Rules and Safety Brochure(PDF, 310KB)