Use this form to complete and submit a risk assessment when hiring a Council facility.
Council has a number of halls, community centres, sports fields and parks available to the community for hire.
Booking a Council Facility
Every organisation or individual wishing to hire a Council Facility must complete the following steps:
1. Read the Facility Hirer's Terms and Conditions:
Facility Hire Terms and Conditions(PDF, 522KB)
2. Select the relevant facility from any of our halls, community centres, sports fields or parks.
3. Liaise with the nominated booking officer for the selected facility to select the preferred date/s of hire. The Booking Officer will pencil in the date/s and the hirer will have 21 days to forward all relevant documentation to the Booking Officer.
4. Complete the relevant booking form for either:
5. Provide the following documentation with your booking application:
- The completed Comprehensive risk assessment:
Note: Please read the relevant risk assessment guide before completing the risk assessment:
Risk Assessment Guide for Halls(PDF, 574KB)
Risk Assessment Guide for Sportsfields(PDF, 411KB)
- A copy of the current Public Liability Certificate of Currency for $20 million dollars covering the organisation listed on the booking form and the event
- For Community Events you must also include a site plan
Please note that confirmation will only be given once we have received the above documentation and have received payment of any bond required (if applicable).
6. Ensure that all items required for the Hire of a Council Facility (this includes insurances, risk assessments and contractors details) are with the booking officer 28 days prior to the hire to gain access to the facility, or the booking will be cancelled.
Note: A public event on Bush Fire Prone Land may require a Development Application. Please contact Council’s Duty Planner on 4868 0888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check prior to submitting your Booking Request Form and attached written confirmation of the advice provided.