Tree Removal Requests for Council Managed Trees
Due to the importance of trees, Council will not remove council managed trees for the following reasons:
- The private landholders personal preference is for no tree to be present;
- Leaf, flower and fruit drop;
- Shading of dwelling or landscape elements;
- Improvement of views from private property;
- Swimming pools where tree products are affecting the pool area or filtration system where reasonable covering and/or devices can be employed;
- Tree is providing habitat for permanent or temporary shelter for animals, provide breeding sites, provide forage or provide refuge from predators; and
- Views to advertising billboards and signs.
Council will remove council managed trees for the following reasons:
- Where a tree is causing measurable damage or safety issues to a person or property, and the problem cannot be prevented/abated by the application of industry accepted arboricultural practices, or reasonable redesign; and
- To facilitate Council capital works, maintenance programs or projects that benefits the local community. However, Council will investigate all options for tree preservation before removing the subject tree.