Use this form to submit an expression of interest to join the Land for Wildlife program.
The Land for Wildlife program aims to help landholders look after natural vegetation on their lands. Participation in this project is entirely voluntary. We can assist you by visiting your property, giving you advice on the natural values of your property and how you can manage the natural areas on your land. We can also provide you with advice on incentive programs designed to help landholders and protect vegetation. Other opportunities include workshops, training, networking with other landholders, help with plants, bush regeneration (depending on availability) and advice / help regarding funding opportunities.
Land for Wildlife members receive:
- Free property visit and report from an expert ecologist
- Plant species lists for the property
- A suite of mapping products
- Eligibility for $2,000/year Conservation Partners Grant (funding available for bush regeneration, weeding, fencing, pest animal control, erosion control)
- Sign for front fence
- Wingecarribee Web e-newsletter
- Invitations to local workshops
Interested landholders should complete the Expression of Interest form and their suitability for the program will be assessed. Please note that this will involve a land inspection.
A sample Landholder Agreement is available to download to assist with your expression of interest:
Landholder Agreement Sample(PDF, 234KB)
Free site advice and a property visit is an essential part of joining the land for wildlife program. If you are unwilling to undertake a site visit we will be unable to progress your expression of interest.
You will also need to have at least 0.5 hectares (1.25 acres) of native bushland to join Land for Wildlife.
A property sketch is not essential, however if you want to show features of your property, draw a sketch showing:
- major roads
- boundaries /fencing
- buildings / house
- major land use (cropping, grazing etc)
- areas you to replant/regenerate
- stock watering points
- areas of native vegetation to protect /restore