The Interim Independent Advisory Planning Assessment Panel, consists of a panel of independent experts that provides recommendations and advice on development applications, including planning proposals for the Interim Administrator.
Due to Covid restrictions, public gallery seating will be restricted. Tickets will be available online, until the allocation has been exhausted.
Meetings will be live streamed from the Council website.
On Wednesday the 26th March 2021, a resolution for the establishment of the Independent Advisory Planning Assessment Panel was passed by Council.
To view the report to Council and Council Resolution, please click on the below links;
12.1 Establishment of a Local Planning Panel - Report(PDF, 194KB)
12.1 Establishment of a Local Planning Panel - Resolution(PDF, 194KB)
The Interim Independent Advisory Planning Assessment Panel meetings are generally held on the first Wednesday of each month from 3.30pm in the Nattai Room. Meetings will be live streamed from the Council website.
2021 Meeting Dates
- 7th of April 2021
- 5th of May 2021
- 2nd of June 2021
The Interim Independent Advisory Planning Assessment Panel has been established until a Local Planning Panel can be formally ratified. The panel will review planning matters and make recommendations on Development
Applications required to be determined by Council, all Planning Proposals and any other planning matters as required.
Interim Administrator, Mr Viv May announced membership of the interim panel on 24 March 2021 and additional community representatives are now sought.
A period of 19 days has been provided for applications with nominations closing at 9am Monday 19 April 2021.
To make a nomination:
or download and print the below form;
Nomination Form Interim Independent Advisory Planning Assessment Panel(PDF, 216KB)
- Ensure that you address the selection criteria in a one page document which can be uploaded with the application or sent with the printed nomination form via email to email@example.com or post to Wingecarribee Shire Council, PO Box 141, Moss Vale 2577.
Enquiries may be directed to Acting General Manager, Les McMahon, on Les.McMahon@wsc.nsw.gov.au or by calling 02 4868 0888.
Local community representatives for the Interim Independent Advisory Planning Assessment Panel may be selected on the basis that they:
- Are current residents within the LGA
- Have an understanding of the LGA and issues of concern to the local community
- Have the capacity to form independent views and to contribute constructively to the determination of applications
- Are able to demonstrate a basic level of understanding of the planning system, i.e. knowledge of the council’s local environmental plan, development control plan, local strategic planning statement or community strategic plan
- Following the Code of Conduct for Local Planning Panel Members and the Local Planning Panels Operational Procedures
- Attending panel meetings and completing panel business in required timeframes.
Community representatives are appointed to bring local knowledge and experience to the local planning panel. Community representatives should be selected from the local community. Community representatives are not expected to be experts in planning matters.
Mayors, councillors, property developers and real estate agents are not eligible for appointment to local planning panels.