Road safety and combating fatigue is a community issue the Wingecarribee Shire Council Road Safety Officer addresses on a regular basis.
Driver fatigue crashes continue to be a major concern along the Hume and Illawarra Highways and the catering trailer has been purchased to provide Driver Reviver refreshments for drivers taking a rest break in their journeys.
The catering trailer is generally used during peak holiday travel periods.
The community trailer was made possible with financial assistance from;
Hire is available outside of the peak holiday travel period for not for profit community organisations and events that operate within the Wingecarribee Shire area.
Eligible organisations include:
- Emergency Services
- Community Groups
- Charitable Organisations
- Sporting Groups
- Other Groups will be considered based on application to Councils Road Safety Officer and at Councils sole discretion.
It is not available for hire for social function.
Generally use of the catering trailer will not be granted for more than 3 consecutive days/nights. If the trailer is to remain at the location overnight, a security system acceptable to Council must be in place.
- Single axle trailer
- Length: 3.4m including draw bar section (4.2 metres when the rear hatch is open. Does not need to be open if space is an issue)
- Height: 2.3 metres
- Width: 1.6 metres (2.9 metres when the serving hatch along passenger side is open)
- Two large window hatches for serving
- Two stainless steel sinks
- 60 litre fresh water and sullage tank
- Water pump
- Fire extinguisher
- 15 amp extension lead
- 120 litre bar fridge
- 30 litre urn
- Hot and cold water supply
The trailer has a tare weight of 760kg and a gross trailer mass of 1000kg. The unit has mechanical override brakes to assist vehicles braking with the unit on. The trailer unit brakes activate and it does not rely on the towing vehicle to slow it down.
Upon loan approval the organisation will have access to a towing guide.
To book and for further information:
Telephone: 02 4868 0888