As a consequence of the cancellation of School's Environment Day in 2014 (due to adverse weather), Council decided to offer local primary schools
the opportunity to apply for one-off grants to help with a
variety of environment and sustainability projects within their schools.
Projects that educated and raised awareness of important environmental and sustainability issues and/or resulted in positive environmental and sustainability outcomes were considered for funding.
Grant Recipients (announced March 2015)
- Mittagong Public School – Recycling Program & Native planting
- St Paul’s Primary School, Moss Vale – School Garden
- Gib Gate – Kitchen Garden
- Hill Top Public School – Eco Food Garden
- Avoca Public School – Bush Tucker Sustainability Unit
- Wingello Public School – Binoculars for School Bird Watching Group
- Burrawang Public School – Edible Garden Project
- Robertson Public School – Robo Rangers – Water Tank & Compost
- Kangaloon Public School – Garden & Co-op Refurbishment
- Moss Vale Public School – Bush Tucker Garden planting
- Glenquarry Public School – Excursion to Wooglemai Environmental Education Centre
- Exeter Public School – Vegetable Garden Rejuvenation & Extension
- Colo Vale Public School – Eco Garden extension
- The total budget offered in the 2014-15 School's Enviro-Assist Grants program is $7,700 (ex GST).
- All schools that teach students at primary level in the Wingecarribee Shire are being offered the opportunity to apply for the grants.
- Acknowledging the variations in student numbers between schools in the Shire, funding will be allocated based on the project and size of the school.
Indicative funding levels which will be considered (ex GST):
- Large Schools (more than 500 students) $450 - $850
- Medium Schools (120-500 students) $350 - $750
- Small schools (less than 120 students) $250 - $650
Download the following set of posters prepared by each school. These were displayed at Mittagong Marketplace during 2015 World Environment Day Events (22 June - 28 June).
Contact & More Information
For more information, contact:
Environmental Projects Officer
Telephone: (02) 4868-0813