Monday 16th October 2017
Helping learner drivers become safer drivers
Friday 13th October 2017
Council supports NSW Motorcycle Awareness Month
Friday 6th October - Tuesday 31st October
Motorcycle Awareness Month
Tuesday 24th October 6:00pm - 8:00pm
GLS Learner Driver Workshop
Wingecarribee Shire Council administers and enforces the road rules to maximise the use of available space and to provide access to parking for all motorists.
Illegal parking may create an unsafe environment for other vehicles and pedestrians by causing an obstruction or impeding vision. If your vehicle is parked illegally you may be issued with a Penalty Infringement Notice (PIN).
Council’s Rangers are authorised to issue PINs and the State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) processes penalty notices on behalf of Council.
Safe Driving & Parking Around Schools (PDF, 450kB)
Payment of PINs are made through the SDRO (external link). Penalty notices are not paid directly to Council.
The SDRO (external link) determines all appeals for infringement notices issued by Council. You may request a review or elect to have the matter heard in Local Court by contacting the SDRO (external link). Their details are also on the back of the infringement notice.
You can also view details about as well as the status of your penalty notice by using the myPenalty website (external link).
SDRO have released a fines function in the Service NSW mobile app so customers can pay and resolve their fines anytime, anywhere.
This means SDRO can engage with all Service NSW/RMS mobile app users to make it easy for them to finalise their fines promptly and improve your collection/finalisation rate.
Customers can use the app to:
* pay their penalties or obtain their BPAY reference to pay
* view a list of their outstanding penalties and the amount of their debt in one place 24/7 on the go - to manage their fines
* keep track and on top of penalty payment plans
* view images, get information about other options and link to myPenalty to lodge Reviews/court
* set reminders and receive notifications of new and overdue fines - to avoid late fees and debt recovery
* confirm we have received their request for review/court request/nomination and their penalty is 'pending decision'
as well as :
* renewing/managing registrations or conducting rego checks
* updating their contact details with RMS/Service NSW
* keeping track of their licence and demerit points.
* locate their nearest Service NSW centre and the current wait time
There is also a link to the 'Live Traffic' app within the 'About' function.