• Home
  • Online Customer Service Centre

Filming & Photography


To enquire about suitable locations for filming and photography, contact:
linkDestination Southern Highlands (internal link)
linkScreen New South Wales (external link)

Council Controlled Land

If you wish to conduct a film or photography shoot on Council controlled land, you need to:

You must provide:

  • Public risk insurance with a minimum indemnity of $20,000,000
  • Completed Risk Assessment (internal link)
  • Storyboard outlining the shoot to take place

The following conditions apply to any permit issued:

  • Vehicles to be restricted to defined parking areas and/or access roads.
  • No trees, shrubs or other vegetation to be removed, lopped or damaged.
  • No interference with public enjoyment or usage of the land.
  • Use of firearms, explosives or the lighting of fires is prohibited.
  • The applicant accepting full responsibility and meeting the cost of restoring any damage to the land, fencing and other improvements resulting from the operations.
  • All rubbish to be removed and the land left in a clean tidy condition.
  • Council being absolved from any liability in respect to injury or loss suffered by the applicant and/or his servants whilst on the land.
  • The applicant having a current public risk insurance policy with a minimum indemnity of $20,000,000.
  • This approval does not permit the closing of any public road to normal uses or disruption to traffic including pedestrian movement. Separate approval must be obtained from Council’s Director Infrastructure Services or his nominee, and the relevant authorities for closing of any road to normal use.

Private Property

You may be required to obtain development consent for commercial photographic or filming activity on private property. 

To apply for development consent, book a pre-lodgement meeting (internal link). Allow at least a month for approval.

Last Updated: August 16th, 2016
Can’t Find It?