The Electronic Housing Code (EHC) (external link) is an online system that allows you to investigate, prepare, lodge and track development applications. Users will enjoy a process that’s fast, standardised, paperless and available night and day.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is proud to offer its residents this great resource.
How Does It Work?
The EHC guides users through a step-by-step approvals process.
- Investigate Find out whether a project is eligible for exempt or complying development and view the relevant standards.
- Prepare Be guided through a simple process that will help prepare the complying development application.
- Lodge Once the application is complete it can be easily lodged online.
- Track Track the progress of the application online.
- Download Once the result of the application is determined it can be viewed and downloaded from the website.
What Does It Cost?
At the moment there’s no fee to use this online system. This is due to the EHC being subsidised by a Commonwealth Grant to New South Wales. In the future however, there may be a fee associated with this resource as the Grant comes to an end.
Note that there’s still a fee associated with the assessment of your application. To find out more contact us (internal link)
What You’ll Need to Have Handy
- Documentation (PDF, 54kB)you may need to provide.
- An electronic copy of the associated site plan so you can successfully complete your application.
- A signed owner’s consent form if you’re submitting an application on behalf of someone else.
- Does your Complying Development proposal involve Water Plumbing, Sewerage Plumbing and Drainage works, stormwater drainage work or installing a Solid Fuel Heater OR works in the council roads reserve, such as a new driveway? Wingecarribee Shire Council as the Water & Sewer and Roads Authority will need to give a consent for any of these activities to occur. If you need one or more of these approvals you will need to complete this additional application form (PDF, 44kB) and lodge it with your scanned documents for the investigation phase of the Complying Development.
- The checklist (PDF, 42kB) is required to be completed as part of the Complying Development documentation that you will need to lodge with Wingecarribee Shire Council. The checklist helps to ensure you have everything ready with your Complying Development application. Please complete, sign and scan in the checklist and submit with your other documentation.
Need Some Assistance?
If you need help using the system, see EHC Help Centre (external link).
Fore case studies, frequently asked questions and information sheets, see EHC Learning and Knowledge Program (external link).