• Home
  • Online Customer Service Centre

Development Applications

If you intend to make any changes to a building, build a structure, occupy premises or subdivide land, you need to check whether the proposal is permissible and whether it requires an application.

To check whether proposed works are exempt development (as in that they do not need prior approval), see:

linkNSW Planning Hub - NSW Planning and Environment (external link)

linkePlanning for NSW Interactive Buildings for Exempt Development  (external link) 

linkePlanning Planning Viewer (external link)

LINKElectronic Housing Code (internal link)

linkWingecarribee Local Environmental Plan 2010 Map Index (external link)


If proposed works are not exempt development, or if you are unsure whether or not they are, you may obtain advice from Council's Development Control Branch (Planners are only available between 8.30 am and 10.00 am for phone and counter enquiries. Duty Surveyors are available during business hours).


Development applications must be made on Council's Approvals Application form. Poorly prepared applications can lead to delays in assessment.


Please ensure you read the guide to lodging your application which provides full details of documentation and plans required for lodgement .


Pre-lodgement meetings are encouraged for large commercial, industrial and medium density developments.


Approvals Application Form and Guide (internal link)

Shire Significant Developments (PDF, 46kB)

Shire Significant Development information (PDF, 185kB)

Development Co-ordination Unit information (PDF, 107kB)

Last Updated: March 24th, 2016
Can’t Find It?