Wingecarribee Shire Council is committed to the following principles regarding public access to documents and information:
- Open and transparent government;
- Authorising and encouraging proactive release of information;
- Providing access to information, restricting access to information only if there is an overriding public interest against disclosure; and
- Respect for the privacy of individuals in accordance with the
- Government Information (Public Access) 2009 Act;
- Privacy and Personal Protection Act 1998;
- Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979;
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002; and
- Companion Animals Act 1998.
- Release of Complainant details.
For the full policy regarding access of information please refer to the Information - Access to Information Policy (internal link).